I always shop in the GNCs around NJ between Menlo Park, Parsippany, Caldwell, Wilowbrook.I used to think the company was helpful and insightful, but now I am constantly harassed to buy supplements that A don't work, B.

don't want or even ask for, C. Find way too expensive, D. I don't even get treated nicely. There was a day I shopped and one of the "professional sales associates" was completely uninterested in helping me but constantly kept pushing "the best product" that was on the market for a protein shake, which obviously was just for his commission.

I bought a few things including his recommendation which I clearly asked about the return policy on and saw it on the receipt, 30 days with the receipt, I tried the protein shake and thought it was gross let alone found out the product has toxic traces in it, so I called customer service to ask what to do to return and so I did return with ID and the product and receipt later that week. Of course for some reason I was denied the ability to return it and asked to speak to the Mgr who then he argued that they don't return at that store I need to go else where??? So I ask for his supervisors name who's name was Mike B. someone who watches over the NJ market.

This gentleman was completely rude, treated me like I am incompetent, told me if I didn't want the product I should've never got it. I explained I didn't want it but was manipulated into it cause it was on such a good deal...

Blah blah blah, I told Moke I just want to exchange it for a different protein shake from a more achieving company like Muscletech and I was then hung-up on...Please inform me if you have ever had these experiences, I just think GNC went down hill over the past 3 years since I have been shopping there, and PS the multis don't ever do anything but repeat on me and give me chest pains.

Had an Experience with Gnc?

Comments

Some stores are franchises, some Corporate-owned, so in some cases I can see why a store wouldn't want to do a refund if it wasn't bought there...BUT, if you have the receipt and return within the 30 days, I can't understand why they wouldn't do the return/refund.

I recently went in to GNC in Livingston mall and the kid wouldn't take back my return and I hadn't even opened the product yet, I asked to speak to manager and he told me he was the manager. I called customer service and got the run around with Them and they told me I needed my reciet with in 30 days and to have identification, so why why if I accommodated couldn't I return my product cause they are commission based and didn't want to lose the money I assume. Also I don't understand why half the time I buy something from gnc I always have to ask for my receit otherwise I never get it.